Saturday, March 19, 2011

Ladies & Gentlemen... Start your engines!

So goes the command at the start of a race. As I start this new experience, that expression comes to mind. My race is of a different kind though. It doesn't have an ending. It goes on forever.

I am beginning this blog to allow you the opportunity to travel and grow with me as I move in the direction that God is leading. Right now, I'm not sure of what path that will take, but I do know the ultimate and final destination. 

I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: 
I will guide thee with mine eye
Psalm 32:8

Over the last couple of years, I have become very active in my walk with the Lord. I serve as a Sunday School teacher, leader of the men's ministries, constructed and maintained a church website, and spent time in Mexico on a missions trip. After returning home, I definitely saw the need for 'outreach' activity within my church and town. I started and chair an outreach committee. The committee has begun several different projects within our community. 

As a member of a study group, I needed a project to stretch myself a little more as well as use some of the things learned in the group. I decided to do so by starting a blog. Hopefully, I will stay on track and see where it leads. As these travels take you and me down the road, let me hear from you. I'm open to suggestions and questions...



No comments:

Post a Comment